- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Urilai Kilangu Adai)
Jump to recipe ↓
Adai is made out of rice, tuvar dal, urid dal, chana dal, curry leaves, red chilli, green chilli, asafoetida. It is a lovely stuff. But if veggies are added to it, the taste is awesome.
Recipe For Potato Adai
- Rice - 2 cups
- Channa Dal - 1 cup
- Masoor Dal - 1.5 cup
- Urid Dal - 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies - 2
- Green Chillies - 2
- Black Pepper - 8-10
- Black Pepper Powder
- Salt - To taste
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil Potatoes - 2 nos thinly (not very thinly) sliced
- Wash and soak the rice and the dals for 3-4 hrs along with the red chilly.
- Grind to a smooth paste (dosa batter consistency) with other ingredients. I grind the curry leaves along with it. If I put separately, my family members do not like it
- Allow to ferment for at-least 5-6 hours.
- Place a tava on gas when it becomes hot apply little oil and rub it with half onion to avoid sticking the batter on the tava.
- Now dip the potato slices in the batter and place it on the tava in a circular form.
- Adust and arrange the potato pieces and fill the remaining portion with the batter to make a correct circular shape.
- Sprinkle the black pepper powder on top of it and put one to two teaspoon oil on top of it.
- When it is cooked, flip the same to cook the other side. Pour one tsp oil again.
- When cooked from both the sides remove and serve hot with any chutney/lime pickle / mango pickle / sweet dahi *.
NOTE: * sweet dahi (add sugar in dahi and a pinch of cardamon (elaichi) powder and 2-3 saffron boiled in milk also can be added)
- We can make with robust raw banana also.
- I would suggest to keep the batter little spicy when we are using the vegetables.
More Adai Recipes