- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Curd Curry, Yogurt Chutney)
Jump to recipe ↓
Moru Kootan is a tangy and flavorful curry that is popular in the Palakkad region of Kerala. Made with yogurt, this quick and simple curry is versatile and can be paired with various dishes such as adai, roti, dosa, and more. With its blend of spices and unique flavor, Moru Kootan is a must-try for anyone looking to explore the diverse cuisine of Kerala.
Recipe For Moru Kootan
- Grated coconut - ½
- Green chilli - 2 or as per requirement
- Curd - 1 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Methi seeds - ¼ tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt - to taste
- Grind the coconut and green chilli.
- Take a kadai and pour oil in it. When it becomes hot, add mustard seeds and methi seeds.
- After it splutters, add curry leaves and the grinded coconut mix in it. Saute for a minute.
- Beat the curd and pour in it with little water add salt. Swith off the gas. Your moru kootan is ready to be served
More Curd & Buttermilk Recipes