- Submitted by Sabina
(Rice Noodles Stir Fry, Egg Noodles Stir Fry, Indo-Chinese Noodles Stir Fry)
Jump to recipe ↓
Many of us have the same question - What to make for dinner? Its one of the toughest things to decide each day. The dinner menu has to be quick to make after a long tired day but at the same time nutritious and appealing to kids. Todays recipe, Rice Noodles and Vegetabes Stir Fry is one such recipe that fulfills all criteria.
Kids love noodles. Noodles doesn't always mean that it has to be made with the tastemaker that comes with it. Just browse thrugh your grocery store and you will find healthy options of noodles. Here I have used rice noodles but you could use any other noodles too. Be sure to cook the noodles just right so that it doesn't get mushy. I usually add any type of noodles to hot boiling water and drain it after exactly one minute. It just comes of perfect.
So try this recipe of Noodles Veg Stir Fry, loaded with vegetables. Actually you could use whatever veggies or meat that you have on hand. It is quite filling and tasty.
Recipe for Noodles & Vegetables Stir-Fry
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
- Noodles - 1 packet ( about 8 oz - You could use any noodles like egg noodles, rice noodles, whole wheat noodles etc.)
- Mixed Stir Fry Vegetables - 2 cups (You can use onions, green onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, broccoli, green peas, cabbage, snap peas, beans, chest nuts etc.)
- Shrimp / Shredded Rotisserie Chicken - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
- Red Pepper Flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Garlic Sauce/ Schezwan Hot Sauce - 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cook the noodles as per the package instructions with enough salt to season the noodles.
- In a large wok/ kadai, heat some olive oil and add the minced garlic.
- Fry for a minute and then add the red pepper flakes.
- Add all the mixed vegetables and stir fry for few minutes till the vegetables are half cooked but still have its crunch.
- Add the shrimp (or chicken) to this and mix together. It is very important to do the whole cooking process on medium high heat so that vegetables dont become soggy.
- Add all the sauces and mix well.
- Finally add the noodles. Stir fry everything together on high heat for few more minutes till everything is heated through and the flavours blend well.
- Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds or finely chopped green onions if needed.
Serving Rice Noodles Stir Fry
- Serve the piping hot noodles & veg stir-fry with some sauce like ketchup or green chili sauce.
- This is a versatile recipe. Each time you could try with different type of noodles and different vegetables available. With each combination, the taste differs. Below is the picture of the same noodles vegetables stir fry with shrimp made on another occasion.
First stir fry the noodles with the sauces
Next add the noodles and toss together
More Pasta and Noodle Recipes