- Submitted by Rani
(Dumpling Curry, Pakodi Curry)
Jump to recipe ↓
Pakoda Kulambu is a tantalizing South Indian dish featuring crispy pakodas in a flavorful and aromatic gravy. This unique combination of deep-fried goodness and rich tangy curry promises a delightful culinary experience that's perfect for any occasion.
Recipe For Pakoda Kulambu
(Ready made pakodas from shops can be used )
- Chick Pea Flour -1 Cup
- Onions -1(Cut small lengthwise)
- Chilli powder -1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1tsp
- Salt -1 tsp
- Water - as needed
- Corn flour - 1/2 tsp.
Batch - 1
- Onion - 1
- Garlic Cloves - 3
- Curry leaves - 4 leaves
- Red chilly - 3
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Batch - 2
- Tomato - 2 (diced or crushed)
- Tamrind juice - ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Corrainder powder- 1 tblsp
- Curry leaves - 4
- Green chilly - 1
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro/Corriander leaves - for garnish
- Pakoda Kulambu
- Mix all the ingredients for onion pakoda and add water little by little like bajji consistency.
- Deep fry the pakodas and put on paper towel.
- Take a skillet and heat some oil in it. Now fry all the ingredients from batch-1 in Kolumbu.
- Once the aroma starts coming, remove it from fire and let it cool. After it cools, grind everything together with some water to form a
- very fine paste and keep aside.
- Now take a clay pot or deep vessel, heat some oil, splutter mustard, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add the tamarind juice,Chilly powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes, salt, asafoetida powder along with the
- ground masala and bring it to a boil .
- When the kolambu is thicker add the Fried Pakodas ,stir it and switch off.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves, cilantro and split green chilly and serve hot.
- Add the Fried Pokodas just 5 minutes before serving not to make soggy.
More Gram Flour (Besan) Recipes