- recipe by Inara submitted on 07-17-2008
Besan(gram flour) - 1 cup
Potato - 1(chopped)
chili powder - 1 tsp .
salt - to taste
Yoghurt - 1 cup
Besan(Gram flour) - 2 tbsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Methi dana(fenugreek seeds) - 1 tsp
Whole red chillies - 2 pieces
Salt - to taste
1. Mix all pakora ingredients along with little water and make small pakoras of those and deep fry. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl mix yoghurt, besan, turmeric and salt and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps left behind. Add 3-4 cups of water to retain the consistency
3. Heat oil in a kadhai and add methi dana(fenugreek seeds), red chillies and fry well. Now add the yoghurt mixture and bring it to a oil. Stir occasionally during the process.
4. Once the kadhi starts to boil add the pakoras and bring it to a boil stirring in the process ensuring the pakoras don't break.
5. Serve punjabi kadhi with fried/roasted papad, punjabi pickle and steamed or jeera rice.
Fried Pakodas to be added to the kadhi