- Submitted by Rani
(Macaroni Pasta Payasam, Macaroni Kheer)
Jump to recipe ↓
Last weekend was quite a memorable one; It was the last vacation weekend for the kids as they were gearing to move to their new classes. I have wanted to invite my uncle and his family since a long time for lunch. Since my grandparents had also come down to spend time with my uncles kids, I thought this is the best time to have a family get together. I wanted to make a very special lunch since my grandparents are great connoisseurs of taste and cooking. I wanted to make a nice combination of traditional and new age unique dishes to make it special and also show my culinary expertise. For the dessert, I initially thought I will make semiya or vermicelli kheer, but my uncle’s children do not like semiya very much. So, I thought why not try it with pasta, after all there is no child who don’t like pasta and sweet, creamy pasta is every child’s delight. Finally after so much thoughts and contemplations I made the pasta kheer and as expected it was liked by everyone. Since cooked pasta is soft, it is also liked very much by the elderly people. So, go ahead and make and relish this creamy pasta kheer for any festival or get together or just as an evening snack for children. This fusion recipe will surely be a hit among your near and dear.
Recipe for Pasta Payasam (Kheer)
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Small shell Pasta (or) Macaroni Pasta - 1 Cup
- Water - 1 1/2 Cup
- Milk - 2 Cups (Whole Milk)
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Kesari powder - 1 pinch
- Raisins - 10 nos
- Cashew nuts or Almonds - 10 nos(Sliced)
- Ghee/Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat water in a deep vessel and add the shell pasta or macaroni pasta.
- To avoid sticking keep stirring once in a while.
- When pasta is half cooked, add the milk and bring it to boil and keep stirring it .
- Keep the stove in simmer and add sugar and kesari powder.
- When a thick consistency of payasam is reached switch off the stove
- Fry the raisins and nuts in Ghee and add to the above mixture.
- Tasty macaroni pasta payasam or kheer is ready to be serve.
Serving Pasta Payasam
- Serve the pasta payasam / kheer hot or keep in refrigerator and serve.
- Consistency should not be too thick, after payasam cools down it will become thicker and absorb all the liquid contents.
- Add boiled milk to payasam and stir it when you want the payasam to be liquid again.
- You can replace sugar with jaggery to give a healthy twist. Make the jaggery syrup and add to the thick creamy pasta cooked in milk.
- 4-6 spoons of condensed milk also can be added to give a rich flavor and taste.
- This kheer can be chilled overnight and served as a Pasta Pudding the next day.
- Shell / Macaroni Pasta can be replaced with other shapes of pasta. The one made with vermicelli (Fried with Ghee or oil) is very famous in India called Semiya Payasam (Seviya Kheer).
More Pasta Recipes