- recipe by Dafni submitted on 04-09-2009
(Prawns Fry, Coconut Shrimp)
Prawns (Shrimp) - 1 lb
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Corn Flour - 1 tblsp
Salt - as needed
Kesari Powder/ Red food colour - a pinch
Bread Crumbs - for coating
Oil - for deep frying
1. Wash and devein the shrimp.
2. Marinate it with GG paste, chilly powder, turmeric powder,corn flour,salt,kesari powder for half to one hour.
3. In the meantime, heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
4. Before frying, dip each piece in bread crumbs and fry it.
5. Serve the crispy shrimp as an appetizer or as a sidedish.
- Marinate the prawns as above. Before frying roll each shrimp in dried shredded coconut and fry it. This is called coconut shrimp