- Submitted by Dahlia
(Dill Prawn Curry, Dill Shrimp Masala)
Jump to recipe ↓
Dill is an aromatic herb that has a pleasant taste and flavour. I feel that it goes extremely well with all Non-Veg dishes. One of my favourite is this Dill Prawn Masala (or Dill Shrimp Masala). The preparation is similar to our regular Prawns Masala with all the Indian spices. Chopped Dill leaves are added at the end of the cooking process which takes this dish to a whole new level. It goes very well with chapathi, phulka, naan, aapam, pathiri, puttu, rice, pulao etc. So next time you find Dill leaves, do give this Dill Prawns Masala a try.
Recipe For Dill Prawns Masala
Preparation Time: 30minutes (including cleaning of Prawns)
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Prawns (or Shrimps) - 500 grams (½ kg)
- Dill Leaves – ½ bunch (chopped
- Onion - 2 (chopped or 15 Shallots)
- Ginger - 1" piece (minced)
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves (minced)
- Green Chilies – 2 (slit)
- Tomato - 1 big (or 2 small pureed)
- Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Lemon Juice - few drops
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt - to taste
- Clean the prawns and marinate with salt, pepper powder, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Keep it aside for about 15-20 minutes while you get the other things done.
- Heat oil in a pan and pop the mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, sliced onions (or shallots), slit green chillies, minced ginger and garlic.
- Saute till the onions become golden brown in colour.
- Lower the flame and add red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and coriander powder and fry.
- Add the marinated prawns and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the pureed tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- When most of the liquid evaporates, add the finely chopped dill leaves. Saute for the next 5-8 minutes till it becomes a thick masala. The flavour of the dill will be induced in the prawns. Tasty Dill Prawns Masala is ready to enjoy.
More Shrimp Recipes