- Submitted by Dahlia
(Sabudhana Vadai, Sago Cutlet, Javarisi Vadai, Chowwary Vada)
Recipe For Sabudana Vada
- Sago (sabudana/Javarisi) - 1 cup
- Potato - 2 (boiled and peeled)
- Onion - 1/4 (grated)
- Green Chillies - 2 or 3 (minced)
- Ginger - a small piece (grated)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Peanuts (optional) - 1/4 cup (coarsely powdered)
- Curry leaves - 2 strands
- Cilantro - 2 strands
- Mint leaves - 4 (Optional)
- Asaefoetida - a pinch (optional)
- Oil - to deep fry
- Soak the sago in water for at least three hours or overnight. Drain the water after soaking.
- Peel the boiled potatoes, mash it well and add it to the drained sago.
- Add the grated ginger, grated onion, green chillies, peanut powder, cumin seeds, asaefoetida and salt to the above mixture.
- Finely chop the curry leaves, mint leaves and cilantro and add to the above mixture.
- Mix everything together. Make small balls out of the mixture, press it with your palms to get the vada shape and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep kadai. When the oil is hot enough deep fry the vadas.
- Drain the excess oil in paper towel. Sabudana vada is ready to be served.
More Sabudana Recipes