- submitted by Dahlia on 12-27-2011
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 2 1/4 cups
Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
White Sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1 cup (2 sticks)
Eggs - 2
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Semi sweet chocolate chips - 2 cups
Walnuts - 1 cup (optional)
1. Take the dry ingredients - flour (maida), baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Take the butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Keep mixing it with a wooden stick or a hand blender till it becomes light and creamy.
3. Mix in the eggs one at a time till it blends well with the butter-sugar mixture.
4. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Combine to form a soft dough. Do not over mix.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips and the walnuts with the dough.
6. Take a spoonful of the dough and drop it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave some space in between for the cookies to expand.
7. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
8. Remove carefully from the cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack to cool. The cookies will be very soft at this stage and will harden once it cools.
9. Store in an air tight container. The cookies taste excellent when they are still warm. Serve with some milk. Yummy !!!!