- Submitted by Dahlia on 29th Dec 2009
(Walnut Biscuits, Akhrot Nankhatai)
Recipe For Egg-less Walnut Cookie
Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 1.5 cups
- Rava - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Butter/ Ghee - 1 cup (at room temperature)
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Chopped Walnuts - 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden stick or with an electric blender.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the maida, rava, 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and baking soda.
- Mix this with the creamed butter sugar mixture. Knead everything together to form a soft dough.
- The butter should be just enough to make a soft dough. If needed add just 1 or 2 spoons of milk.
- Pinch small balls out and shape it into small cookies. Press some more chopped nuts on top.
- Alternatively, roll out the dough and cut out different shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Bake it for 15 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
- The cookies will be very soft at this stage. Let it cool and harden for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy the cookies with tea. Store in air tight containers for up-to a month.
- Use other nuts like almonds, pistachios or cashews instead of walnuts.
More Cookie Recipes