- submitted by Dahlia on 02-14-2008
All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder (Unsweetened) - 3 tblsp
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
Milk/Water - 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil/butter - 1/2 cup (1/2 cup = 1 stick of butter)
Eggs - 2
1. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the eggs and mix the vegetable oil/butter and milk/water with it.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together using an electric mixer or by hand.
4. Transfer the contents to a baking pan and bake for 30- 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. (Every oven differs. So the temperature and time also may change accordingly. If the cake starts browning too fast reduce the temperature. Insert a toothpick in the centre. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.)
5. Cool the cake completely before frosting. Cut the cake through the middle to get 2 cake layers to apply frosting in between.
Heavy cream - 2/3 cup
Semi sweet chocolate - 9 oz
Sugar - as needed (app. 1/2 cup)
1. Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a small pan.
2. Remove from the stove and add the semisweet chocolate and stir until the chocolate
melts. Smooth and creamy icing is ready.
3. Spread the frosting with a spatula on top and between the two layers of the cake.
Sugar - 1 cup
Cocoa - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
1. Mix all the ingredients together and heat until everything blends.
2. Apply the creamy chocolaty frosting on top and in between the layers of the cake.