- submitted by Dahlia on 03-11-2010
(Daal Paratha, Paruppu Roti)
Wheat Flour (Atta) - 2 cups
Cooked Dal - 1 cup (You could use any dal)
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro - 2 tblsp (chopped)
Oil - 2 tblsp
1. Knead the flour with the cooked dal and other ingredients. If the moisture from the dal is not sufficient, add some extra water.
2. Make a stiff but soft dough and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. Take a small ball of the dough and roll it out into a thin roti.
4. Heat a tawa and place the rolled out roti on it.
5. Add few drops of oil and cook for about a minute on each side till brown spots appear.
6. Serve with raita or any side dish.
- You could use any left over dals (like dal makhani, tadka dal, spinach dal etc) to make dal roti. The seasoning and flavorings in the dal enhances the taste of the roti.
- You could also cook some extra dal while making sambhar or kootu and save it for making rotis.