-Submitted by Dahlia on 16th May 2011
(Meen Varuval, Meen Porichathu, Grilled Fish, Broiled Fish)
Fry With Medium Sized Fish
Fry With Sliced Big Fish
- Fish Pieces - 1 lb (1/2 kg)
Red Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp (or use 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste)
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring (chopped)
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
Oil - for frying
- Wash the fish thoroughly and cut it into pieces.
Mix the chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, chopped curry leaves, garlic powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and make a smooth spice paste.
Apply this paste over the fish pieces. Let it marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Shallow fry the pieces till both sides are brown and crispy (about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- You may also grill the marinated fish and serve as a meal with some salad and bread.
- Another interesting variation is to broil the fish for 7-8 minutes.
More Fish Recipes