- recipe by Pravaniya submitted on 05-20-2011
Fish- 1 (Red Snapper will be good, but i could not find fresh snapper so i used Pomfret
Vegetable Oil - 3 tblsp
Chopped ginger - 3 tsp
Chopped garlic - 3 tsp
Chopped Green chillies - 2
Chopped Onion - 1 big
Chilly powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Soy Sauce - 3 tsp
Tomato sauce - 2 tblsp
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as needed
Water - 1 cup
Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tblsp
Preperation time : 20-30 minutes
1. Pour oil in a heated pan and add chopped ginger and garlic.
2. When it turns brown add green chillies.
3. Saute for a min and then add chopped onions (add salt at this time)
4. Saute till onion turns brown and add chilly powder.
5. Mix well and then add soy sauce.
6. Then add a cup of water.
7. When it starts boiling keep the fish on top of the sauce (Make sure the fish has alteast 3 cuts on both sides)
8. Once the fish is inside the pan fill the cuts with sauce.
9. Close the lid and cook it in medium flame for about 5 min one side and turn the fish(carefully,it will break) and cook for another 5 more min (If you want it well cooked keep it couple of more minutes)
10. Add Tomato sauce and mix it well with the sauce (again be careful not to break the fish)
11. Sprinkle black pepper on the fish.
12. After couple of minutes stop the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.