- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 05-14-2012
(Vendakkai Fry, Crispy Okra Fry, Ladies Finger Fry)
Okra/bhindi/ladies finger - 250 gms
Gram flour (besan) - 3 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Oil - for frying
1. Wash and cut the okra in a slanting shape.
2. Sprinkle salt, chilli powder, gram flour,asafoetida and turmeric powder on top of it and mix well.
3. You will get the okras coated with the gram flour.
4. Fry it in medium heat oi. You will get nice crispy bhindi fry.
Serve hot with chapati, rice etc. When it becomes cold, you will not enjoy the same much.
Left over can be used in making any gravy subzi. You can mix with tempered curd, sambar or with tomato gravy of your choice.