- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 14th May 2012
(Okra And Yogurt Dip, Okra Raita, Vendakkai Thayir Salad)
Recipe For Bhindi Raita
Okra/ ladies finger/ bhindi - 3-4
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urid Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly - 1 small piece
- Curd - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chat masala - a pinch (optional)
- Cumin powder (roasted) - a pinch optional
- Black salt - optional
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
In a kadai, add two teaspoon oil.
- When it becomes hot, add the chopped bhindi and fry them till they turn brown and crispy. Remove it in a bowl
- Add oil in the kadai and add the mustard seeds, urid dal and chilli.
- Add the tempered items in the bowl.
- Beat the curd and add to the bhindi.
- Add salt, sugar, chilli powder, asafoetida, chat masala, cumin powder and black salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can have the bhindi raita with dal rice, chapati or just plain and chilled.
During summer season, any items with curd is good for health.
More Okra (Ladies Finger) Recipes