- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 10-13-2012
Cabbage - 1/2 small (sliced)
Carrot - 1 (shredded)
Green Bell Pepper (capsicum) - 1/2 (sliced thinly)
Mung Sprouts - 1 cup
Jicama - 1/2 cup (julienned)
Cilantro - 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
Almonds - 10 (chopped)
Orange Juice - 1/2 cup
Ginger juice - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Sugar/ Honey - 1 tblsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/8 tsp
1. Mix all the vegetables together. Chop all the vegetables in uniform size.
2. Whisk together all the ingredients for dressing.
3. Mix the dressing with the chopped vegetables. Adjust any seasoning if required.
4. Chill the salad and serve as a healthy meal.
: You can make the salad colourful by adding other vegetables like red cabbage, beetroot, colourful bell peppers, red radish, cauliflower etc. Sometimes I also like to add raisins.