- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 09-09-2012
(Savaa Sabzi, Dill Leaves Curry, Sadakuppi Poriyal)
1 cup Dill leaf finely chopped
1 Onion finely chopped
2-3 Garlic cloves finely chopped
2-3 Green chilly finely chopped
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Roasted crushed peanuts
1/4 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Grated coconut for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. When it splutters, add chopped garlic cloves, onion and green chilly. Saute for one minute.
3. Add turmeric powder, dill leaves and saute again.
4. Sprinkle little water, add salt and cover to cook the same in low flame.
5. Stir in between. When it is cooked, add the sugar, crushed peanuts and remove from gas.
6. Garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot with dal rice or chapati.
- You can add 2 tbsp moongdal also while cooking the vegetable.