- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10th March 2013
(Kothmir Chutney, Corriander Flavoured Powder)
Kothamalli Podi (Corriander powder or kothmir chutney) is a very good substitute for pickles.
100 gms Urid dal
10-12 Red chilly (kashmiri)
A small piece of tamarind
1 tsp Oil
A big bunch of coriander leaves cleaned.
1. Heat kadai and add the oil.
2. When it becomes hot add the urid dal and fry till brown colour. Remove in a plate.
3. Add the chillies and fry till crisp.
4. Allow both the chilli and urid dal to cool.
5. Finally mix all the remaining ingredients and grind to a coarse powder.
6. Make small balls out of it or just like that you can store it in fridge for 10-15 days.
You can use it with dal rice, curd rice, dosa, idli etc,.