- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 10-28-2012
(Potol ki Sabji, Pointed Gourd Fry)
Parwal (Pointed Gourd, Potol) - 1 lb
Ginger garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Amchoor Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tblsp
1. Scrape the rough skin of the parwal and wash it. Cut each parwal lengthwise into uniform sized pieces.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and add the ginger garlic paste. Fry for just a minute.
3. Add the sliced parwal pieces and mix together. Cover and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
4. Add salt and all the spice powders. Stirfry for 5-10 minutes till the parwal pieces are nicely cooked and gets a little brown colour.
5. Switch off and serve as a sidedish for rice or roti.
- Sometimes I like to add potatoes sliced in the same size as the parwal and fry it together.
Sliced Parwal (Pointed Gourd)
Parwal Potato Fry (Parwal Aloo Sabzi)