- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10-31-2012
(Poosanikai Mor Kulambu, Pumpkin Curry, Mathanga Curry)
1 cup Chopped red pumpkin
1/2 cup Curd
Ginger a small piece
2 Garlic cloves
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Red chilli broken
1 pinch Asafoetida
1. Boil the pumpkin with sufficient water, salt and turmeric powder.
2. Crush the ginger and garlic. Beat the curd and keep aside. Puree the pumpkin
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add the items mentioned in the tempering, add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
4. Add the pumpkin puree. Check the salt and boil.
5. Add the curd and remove from the gas. Serve hot with rice, papad, pickle.