- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 10th Dec 2013
For Pie Crust
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 2.5 cups
Butter - 1 cup (2 sticks)
Cold water - 6-8 tblsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Black Pepper - 3/4 tsp
For the filling
Ground Turkey - 1 lb
Butter - 1 tblsp
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Carrot - 1 (chopped)
Garlic - 8 cloves (finely chopped)
Dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp (Or just add oregano)
Chilly Garlic Sauce - 1 tblsp (or use any hot sauce)
Worcestershire sauce - 3 tblsp
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 tblsp
Chicken Stock - 1/2 cup (or use plain water)
Ground Pepper - 3/4 tsp
To make Pie Crust
1. Cut the butter into small cubes.
2. Combine the flour, salt and pepper powder.
3. Mix in the butter cubes with your hands or using the pulse mode of the food processor.
4. After the butter gets mixed with the flour, add 1 tblsp of water at a time and make a dough.
5. Knead and form a smooth dough. Divide it into 2 equal portions. Cover it and let it rest in the refrigerator while we work on the filling.
To make the filling
1. Wash the ground meat using a sieve and drain all excess water.
2. Heat the butter in a pan and add finely chopped galic.
3. Add the chopped onion and saute till it sweats.
4. Add the ground meat and mix it. Let it cook in its own juices till all the moisture dries up.
5. Add the chilly garlic sauce, worcestershire sauce and chicken stock.
6. Mix the all purpose flour with 2-3 tblsp of water and add it to the filling. This is to keep the filling glued together.
7. Let it cook for a couple of minutes. Switch off.
To make the pie
1. Take one portion of the pie dough. Roll it out to a 12 inch circle. Use flour to prevent sticking.
2. Roll the other portion too.
3. Carefully take one rolled out circle and place it on a 9 inch pie plate.
4. Press it gently so that it lines the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
5. Leave about 1/2 inch edge and trim the excess dough.
6. Put the filling and spread it evenly.
7. Put the second rolled out dough on top of the filling in the pie.
8. Seal the edges of the pie by pinching the top and bottom dough. Do this all around the pie.
9. Trim off the excess dough.
10. Press around the edges with a fork so that it seals better as well as looks prettier.
11. Make a couple of cuts in the top of the pie with a knife to let the steam escape.
Finally cook the pie in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) over for about 35-40 minutes. The top should turn golden brown.