- Submitted by Dahlia on 22nd Nov 2007
(Chicken Kurma, Turkey Kurma, Chicken Korma)
This south Indian chicken kurma recipes can be followed for preparing turkey kurma as well.
Chicken/Turkey - 1 lb (cut into pieces)
- Onion - 1 (sliced)
- Kuskus - 2 tbsp
- Cashews - 4
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 5-7
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
- Yogurt (Curd) - 1/2 cup
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Cardamon - 3
- Fennel seeds - ¼ tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon sticks - 1
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro - for garnish
Soak kuskus in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes and then grind it with green chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cashews,cardamom and coconut. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Splutter fennel seeds.Add the bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add sliced onions and fry them till they are translucent. Next add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the chicken/turkey pieces and saute for 2 minutes. Next add 1 cup water, yogurt and salt to it. Cover and cook till the chicken is almost done.
- At this stage add the ground paste and add the water required. Check for salt and let the kurma simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Chicken (or Turkey) kurma is ready to be served.
More Chicken Gravy Recipes