- submitted by Dahlia on 01-10-2008
Turkey/ Chicken legs - 2
Yogurt - 6 tblsp
Lemon juice - 1 tblsp
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Red color - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Salt - to taste (app. 1 tsp)
1. Clean the turkey/chicken legs and make some slits with a knife or holes with a fork.
2. Take the yogurt in a separate bowl and add the lemon juice along with chilly powder, corriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and red colour.
3. Apply this marinade on the turkey/chicken legs nicely. Try to press in some of the marinade
into the slits.
4. At this stage you can let it marinate in the fridge overnight. Marination ensures that all the spices enter the turkey/chicken meat nicely. But if there is no time you can make it immediately. In that case, just press in as much marinade into the slits as possible.
5. Cook the legs in the oven preheated to 425 degrees for 25-35 minutes. After the first 10 minutes cover up the dish with aluminum foil. The ensures that the legs doesnt get dry.
6. Garnish with cilantro and lemon slices.