- submitted by Dahlia on 21st Sep 2013
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) - 1 cup
Baking (Cooking) Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 3 tblsp
Melted Butter/Oil - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1.5 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 3
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together - all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Set it aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients - milk, eggs, melted butter (or oil) and vanilla extract. Mix till it is well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir it to combine but do not overmix.
Let it rest for 5 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the waffle iron.
- Pour a ladle full or the required amount of waffle batter. The amount of batter needed depends on the size of the waffle iron. You may use a cooking spray.
Cook till the steam coming out of the waffle iron reduces. (or follow the manufacturers instructions and cook)
- When the waffle is golden brown, remove it onto a plate and enjoy.
If you are making a big batch, keep the waffle in a 200 degree F preheated oven to keep it warm and crispy.
- Waffle is typically served with some maple syrup. You can also serve with honey, blueberry syrup, strawberry syrup or raspberry syrup.
You can also top it with some berries or chopped fruits, whipped cream or ice cream.
- You can add some butter when the waffle is still warm and enjoy it plain or with some cooked chicken.