(Tarbooz kheer, Tarboosani Payasam)
- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 01-25-2013
1 cup grated water melon (white portion of the water melon)
2 tblsp milk powder
2 cups milk
½ cup sugar
1 tblsp ghee
Few strands of saffron soaked in hot milk
Dry fruits for garnishing
1. In a kadai, put ghee. When it becomes hot, add the grated water melon and sauté for few minutes.
2. Add the sugar, milk and cook the water melon.
3. When it becomes soft, add the milk powder mixed in little water/milk and bring to boil.
4. Add the cardomom powder and switch off the gas. Garnish with dry fruits. Serve chilled.