- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 25th Jan 2013
(Tarbooz kheer, Tarboosani Payasam)
1 cup grated water melon (white portion of the water melon)
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Few strands of saffron soaked in hot milk
- Cardamom powder
- Dry fruits for garnishing
In a kadai, put ghee. When it becomes hot, add the grated water melon and sauté for few minutes.
- Add the sugar, milk and cook the water melon.
- When it becomes soft, add the milk powder mixed in little water/milk and bring to boil.
- Add the cardamom powder and switch off the gas. Garnish with dry fruits. Serve chilled.
- Serve the watermelon kheer chilled as a desert or as evening snack.