- submitted by Dahlia on 12-23-2010
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1.5 cup
Butter - 1 stick
Egg - 2
Sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 3 tblsp
Lemon Zest - 1 tblsp
Milk - 3-4 tblsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In the large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until it is smooth and creamy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time while continuously mixing the mixture.
4. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix.
5. Sift the dry ingredients together into a seperate bowl - maida (flour), baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add this to the wet ingredients gradually with continuous mixing.
7. Add milk and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
8. Lightly grease the baking dish with some cooking spray and dust with some dry flour.
9. Pour the cake batter into the pan. Pat the pan so that the batter smoothes out.
10. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool the cake before removing it from the pan.
12. You can also use the same batter to make lemon cupcakes. The cupcakes will cook faster in about 20-25 minutes.
- You can make a lemon glaze with some powdered sugar and lemon juice and pour it on top of the cake or use a simple whipped cream topping with some sprinkles.