- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 03-15-2012
Tender radish with greens - 1 bunch (In india we get 4-5 in a bunch)
Green chilli - 1
Grated coconut - 2 tsp
Ginger - a small piece
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Wash and chop the radish with greens in a chopper (food processor) finely.
2. Take a kadai, heat it and pour oil. When it becomes hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. After it splutters, add the chopped vegetables in it.
4. Add turmeric powder, salt as per taste, mix, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
5. In a mixer, coarsely grind the chilli, grated coconut and ginger.
6. After the radish and greens are cooked, add the grinded coconut mixer in it. Mix and serve hot.
- When it becomes cool, add beaten curd in it. It becomes a lovely Radish Raita
. You can also add little chat masala, black salt, pepper powder etc. as per your choice.