- submitted by Dahlia on 11-01-2007
Avocado is a complete food with many essential nutrients like proteins, vitamin E, C, B, folic acid, iron, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. It has no cholesterol and is sodium free. Avocado shake with milk and sugar is a famous drink. It can be used to make salads, shakes, sandwiches etc.
In this recipe, I’ve tried to give an Indian touch to the fruit. Since the fruit has a neutral taste, it easily blends with the things that are added to it. This chutney can be had as a dip for chips or used to make sandwiches.
- Avocado – 1
- Onion - 1 (cut into medium sized pieces)
- Green chillies – 4 (or to taste)
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Tamarind - blueberry size
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai and saute the onions and green chillies till they become golden brown.
- Add the tamarind and fry for few seconds. Once the mixture cools nicely, grind it along with peeled garlic and salt without water.
- In the meantime, peel the avocado and mash it.
- Again heat 1 tblsp oil and splutter the mustard add the ground mixture and mashed avocado to this and fry for just about a minute.
- Garnish with cilantro. Healthy avocado chutney is ready to serve.
Other Recipes with Avocado
Other Chutney Recipes