- Submitted by Dahlia on 3rd Jan 2009
(Cauliflower Egg Bhurjee, Cauliflower Egg Stir Fry, Cauliflower Egg Poriyal, Gobi Egg Bhurji)
Recipe For Cauliflower Egg Bhurji
Cauliflower - 1 (finely chopped/grated)
- Eggs - 3 (beaten)
Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3-4
Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 strand
- Garlic - 1 clove (grated)
Ginger - 1/2 " piece (grated)
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal add curry leaves.
- Fry the chopped onions and green chillies.
When the onions turn golden brown, add the cauliflower along with required salt and pepper and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Since the cauliflower is very finely chopped, it gets cooked in 2 minutes.
- In the meanwhile beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs to the cauliflower. Do not disturb that for the next 2 minutes.
- After that, toss everything together till the egg gets cooked.
- Serve this with rice, as a side dish for chapatti or stuff with bread to make a simple sandwich.
- You could try this recipe with pretty much any vegetable of your choice. Some of the options are mushroom egg bhurji, corn egg bhurji, paneer egg bhurji, cabbage egg bhurji, potato egg bhurji, capsicum egg bhurji, carrot egg bhurji, beans egg bhurjee, asparagus bhurji, etc.
Bok Choy Bhurji
More Cauliflower Recipes