- Submitted by Dahlia on 12th May 2008
(Cauliflower Kurma, Gobi Curry, Dahi Gobhi)
Cauliflower cooked with beaten yogurt
Recipe For Cauliflower Curry
Cauliflower - 1 (separated into florets)
- Green Peas - 1 cup (optional)
- Onion - 1 big or 2 small (sliced lengthwise or chopped)
- Green Chilly - 2
- Tomato - 2-3 (finely chopped or pureed)
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Whole garam masala - (1 cinnamon, 2-3 cloves, 1 star anise, 3 cardamon, fennel seeds)
- Coconut milk/ Yogurt - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 5
- Cilantro - for garnishing
Separate the cauliflower into florets and soak in hot salted water for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter some cumin seeds, whole garam masala and curry leaves.
- Fry the onions and green chilly till it turns golden brown. Saute the ginger garlic paste for another minute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook it for 5 minutes. Add the dry masala powders i.e chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the cauliflower florets and green peas. Saute for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk or beaten yogurt to this. (NOTE: In South India, coconut milk is added and it is called Cauliflower Kurma. In North India, mostly yogurt is added and it is called Dahi Gobhi.)
- Add more water if you want more gravy. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame, cover with a lid and let the gravy simmer till the oil separates.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
This curry goes very well with chappatti or any other kinds of roti.
- It can also be served with pulao, idli or dosa.
More Cauliflower Recipes