- Submitted by Dahlia on 29th Jun 2009
(Bhuna Murg, Kerala Roast Chicken, Kozhi Varuval, Kerala Chicken Fry)
Whole Chicken - 1 medium sized (cut into 20-25 pieces with bones in)
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tbsp (This gives a nice color without increasing the spice)
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp (optional)
- Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Curry Leaves - 2-3 springs (keep the leaves whole or tear it with hands)
- Oil - for deep frying
Cut the chicken into lemon sized pieces and wash it nicely.
- Mix the chicken with lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt and pepper powder.
- Let this rest and marinate for at least half an hour. Overnight marination will be good.
- In a separate bowl mix together the chilly powder, paprika, garam masala and turmeric powder.
- Add some lemon juice/ water with this powder and make a nice paste.
- Rub this paste nicely over all the chicken pieces. Also mix in the curry leaves with the chicken pieces.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in batches until it is completely cooked. It may take 10-12 minutes for each batch.
- Remove and drain the excess oil in paper towel.
More Chicken Dry Dish Recipes