- recipe by Elizabeth submitted on 04-28-2008
Shrimp -1 lb
Ginger Garlic Paste -2 tsp
Chilli Power -1 spoon
Garam Masala Powder -1/2 tsp
Corn flour -1 tblsp
Red food color - couple pinches/drops
Lemon juice -1 tblsp
Bell pepper (colored ) -1 cup (sliced lengthwise)
Curry Leaves - 1 string
Onion - 1/2 cup(Sliced lengthwise)
Chilli sauce - 1 tblsp or to taste
Soya sauce - 1 tblsp or to taste
1. Clean and devein the Shrimp.
2. Mix the Shrimp with all the marination ingredients and let it sit for an hour.
3. Heat oil in a wok, fry the curry leaves and scoop it out and keep separately.
4. In the same pan saute the onions and the bell peppers. Let the veggies stay crunchy.
5. Add the chili sauce and little Soya sauce.
6. Add the marinated shrimp on the sautéed veggie bed and close it with a lid and let it cook on a low flame.
7. After couple minutes mix it together and let it cook for another minute
8. Add the curry leaves to it.
9. Yummy spicy Chilli Shrimp ready.
10. Serve it with any kind of pulav or serve as a starter.
Do not overcook the shrimp, it will become rubbery.