- Submitted by Elizabeth on 28th Apr 2008
Chilli Shrimp is a tasty and spicy side dish with shrimp or prawns marinated with Indian spices like ginger garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder and tossed with curry leaves, soy sauce etc...
Recipe For Chilli Shrimp
- Shrimp -1 lb
- Ginger Garlic Paste -2 tsp
- Chilli Power -1 spoon
- Garam Masala Powder -1/2 tsp
- Corn flour -1 tbsp
- Red food color - couple pinches/drops
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Bell pepper (colored ) -1 cup (sliced lengthwise)
- Curry Leaves - 1 string
- Onion - 1/2 cup(Sliced lengthwise)
- Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp or to taste
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp or to taste
Clean and de-vein the Shrimp.
- Mix the Shrimp with all the marination ingredients and let it sit for an hour.
- Heat oil in a wok, fry the curry leaves and scoop it out and keep separately.
- In the same pan saute the onions and the bell peppers. Let the veggies stay crunchy.
- Add the chili sauce and little soy sauce.
- Add the marinated shrimp on the sautéed veggie bed and close it with a lid and let it cook on a low flame.
- After couple minutes mix it together and let it cook for another minute
- Add the curry leaves to it.
- Yummy spicy Chilli Shrimp is ready.
- Serve the chilli shrimp with any kind of pulav or serve as a starter.
Do not overcook the shrimp, it will become rubbery.
More Shrimp / Prawn Recipes