- submitted by Dahlia on 11-10-2007
(Erra Thokku, Prawns Gravy, Jhinga Curry)
Srimp - 1 lb (cleaned and deveined)
Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
Mustard Seeds - ¼ tsp
Onions - 1 big(finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 2tsp
Tomato - 2(finely chopped)
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
Corrainder powder - 2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Corrainder leaves - for garnish
1. Heat oil in a deep sauce pan and splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute the chopped onions and crushed ginger garlic, till they turn golden brown.
2. Now add chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder, chilly powder, corrainder powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Let this mixture cook till we get a nice masala.
3. Add shrimp and mix well to coat the masala. Add water as needed and let it simmer for few minutes.
4. Switch off the stove once the shrimp takes a round shape and looks firm. Do not overcook as this might make the shrimp rubbery. Garnish with corrainder leaves.