- Submitted by Sathya on 15th Apr 2009
(Mangai Sadam, Manga Sadam, Kairi Bath, Pacha Manga Choru, Maavinakayi Chitraanna, Manga Ogare)
Basmati rice - 1 cup (cooked)
- Mango - 1 cup (Grated)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Channa Dal - 1 tsp
- Ginger - small amount (chopped)
- Red Chillies - 2
- Green Chillies - 2
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Heat oil in a pan, pop mustard seeds, Urad dal and Channa dal.
- Add Chopped ginger, Red chillies , Green chillies, Curry leaves and Turmeric powder.
- Add Grated Mango, Salt and saute well till mango is tender.
- Add Cooked rice and mix well.
- Garnish with Cilantro. Mango rice is ready to be served.
Add some grated coconut along with mango and you have another variety rice called coconut-mango rice (Thenga - Manga sadam).
More Variety Rice Recipes