- recipe by raji ramakrishnan submitted on 03-01-2012
(Semolina Fritters, Rava Pakoda)
This recipe is not mine but still sharing with you as I like it very much. This in one from the tamil tv channel I saw it partially. Hence could not understand the exact measurement of the ingredients. I tried it with my own measurements and came out well. Thanks to the lady for sharing the same in TV. This is dedicated to her. If she happens to see the simpleindianrecipe.com site, I request her to correct the measurements, if it is wrong.
Roasted rava - 1 cup
Plain rice powder - 1 cup
Gram flour(besan) - ¼ cup
Green chilli (chopped) - 1
Onion (chopped) - 1 big
Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1 cup
Hing powder (Asafoetida) - a pinch
Oil - 3 tsp
Oil - for frying
Water - as needed
Salt - to taste
1. Mix the rava, rice powder, gram flour, salt, asafoetida, green chilli and onion.
2. Heat a kadai and pour 3 tsp oil in it. When it becomes hot, pour it in the rava mixer. Mix well again.
3. Pour enough water to make a dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. After ten minutes mix well again. Take a small portion and fry it in hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown.
5. Enjoy with sauce or chutney as a nice tea time snack.
You can mix cabbage, carrot, beans etc. along with onion.