- Submitted by Dahlia
(Super Moist Chocolate Cake)
Jump to recipe ↓
Chocolate cakes have always been my favourite right from my childhood days. Now after I started baking, this is one cake that I make quite often. I make it as a simple cake for evening snack or use it to make black forest cake or apply chocolate frosting depending on the occasion.
This recipe yields a super moist chocolate cake that is a treat to chocolate lovers. The cake can be made easily any time at home with kids. It really doesn't require any fancy equipments. You can make it for evening snacks any day. I have shared the recipe using eggs. For eggless version, you just have to replace the eggs with curd.
This spongey chocolate cake can be served with a drizzle of chocolate sauce or with chocolate ganache frosting or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Try it and enjoy.
Recipe for Chocolate Cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder (Unsweetened) - 1/3 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil (or Olive oil) - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2 (Use 1/2 cup of beaten curd to make eggless cake)
- Take the eggs in a big mixing bowl. Beat it until smooth.
- Add the milk and sugar. Keep mixing till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract and mix.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Sieve everything together to remove any lumps.
- Now add this mix of dry ingredients to the wet mix little by little. Mix together using an electric mixer or just with a wooden spoon.
- A smooth batter is now ready to be baked. Transfer this to a 7" baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (180 degree C). (Every oven differs. So the temperature and time also may change accordingly. Insert a toothpick in the centre. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.)
- Cool the cake completely before frosting. Cut the cake through the middle to get 2 cake layers to apply frosting in between.
Chocolate Frosting 1
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cocoa - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Heavy Cream (or Fresh Cream) - 1 cup
- Chocolate Bar (Dark or Bittersweet) - 1 cup (grated)
- Mix all the ingredients together and heat until everything blends.
- For heating you can use double boiler method. Another method is by heating in microwave for 1 or 1.5 minutes. Be sure to mix it every 30 seconds.
- Apply the creamy chocolaty frosting on top and in between the layers of the cake.
Decorating the Cake
Once you apply the frosting, you can top it with sprinkles, cherries or grated chocolate.
- The cake is rich and creamy. It can be enjoyed plain. If you want to make it richer, enjoy a slice of cake topped with vanilla ice cream.
More Cake Recipes