- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Cabbage Corn Capsicum Coconut Soup)
Jump to recipe ↓
This soup is different from the normal soup. When it is hot, we feel like having something cold. This soup is not only healthy but also enough to cool your stomach. It is named 4 C because it is made out of corn, capsicum, cabbage and coconut.
Eating capsicum helps in keeping the skin clear, prevents rashes and pimples. It contains vitamin A, which is good for eyes and helps prevent eye diseases.
Corn is a surprising source of several vitamins, including folic acid, niacin, and vitamin C.
Cabbage is abundant of Vitamin C.
Coconut is to stabilize blood sugar, lowering cholesterol, healing, hydration, and even replacing blood plasma in an emergency.
Recipe for 4C Soup
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: less than 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- 1 Capsicum medium size
- 1/2 cup Chopped cabbage
- 3 tbsp Butter (Nutralite)
- 2 cups Tender coconut water
- Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Corn sauted
- 1 tsp Sauted cabbage
- 1 tsp Sauted corn
- 2 tbsp Chopped tender coconut malai
- In a kadai add 1 tbsp butter, add sweet corn, add little salt and saute for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Similarly saute the cabbage and capsicum by adding little salt separately and keep aside.
- Allow to cool. Grind it in mixer adding 1 cup of tender coconut water.
- Transfer the puree into a mixing bowl and add the remaining 1 cup coconut water.
- Add black pepper powder and salt as per taste. Serve chilled.
You may garnish with the sauted corn, cabbage, capsicum or chopped tender coconut malai.
More Soup Recipes