- Submitted by Beryl
(lady's Finger Soup, Vendakkai Soup)
Okra soup is a healthy soup prepared using the vegetable okra. The okra is cooked well in a pan with little water, salt, turmeric powder and pepper to get a nice healthy soup. It's a perfect for cold winter months. Let's see how to prepare this okra soup.
Recipe for Okra Soup
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- Okra- 1/2 kg
- Salt- necessary
- Black Pepper powder - 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Shallots- 4
- Chop the okra into medium size pieces
- Switch on the stove and keep a vessel.Put the cut okra pieces and add salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder and add water just enough to immerse the okra.
- Allow it to boil properly so that the essence from okra comes out.
- When it is boiled enough, remove the vessel from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Using a sieve drain the juice from the vessel containing okra.
- Add 1-2 cups of water and bring it to required consistency and keep it aside.
- In a pan, put some ghee and when it melts add shallots and stir till it becomes golden yellow in colour.
- Now transfer the ingredients from the pan to the okra soup and bring it to boil. Check the salt and pepper and add if necessary. The soup is ready to serve.
Serving Okra Soup
- It's good to have this during winter seasons.
- Good for common cold.
More Okra Recipes