- Submitted by Raji Ramakrshnan
(Methi Sprouts Soup)
Jump to recipe ↓
Health benefits of fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. It is good for digestion and help relieve constipation ailments. It is also rich in many vital vitamins including thiamin, pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A and vitamin-C that are essential nutrients for optimum health.
Medicinal uses of fenugreek seeds
Its seeds have been used in many traditional medicines as laxative, digestive and as a remedy for cough and bronchitis. If used regularly, fenugreeks may help control cholesterol, triglyceride as well as high blood sugar (glycemic) levels in diabetics. Fenugreek seeds are added to cereals and wheat flour (while making bread) or made into a gruel and given to the nursing mothers to increase milk synthesis.
Recipe For Fenugreek Sprouts Soup
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Shelf life: hot and fresh
- Methi Sprouts - 1 handful
- Ripe red tomato - 1
- Black salt, Black pepper powder, Roasted cumin powder, Lime juice - as per your taste
- Butter (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Little pudina/coriander leaves
- Little methi sprouts
- Fried Bread cubes
- In a sauce pan add half a cup of water and add the methi sprouts. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In another sauce pan boil water, drop the tomato, cover and keep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out the tomato and run through cold water.
- Remove the skin, chop them and blend to a smooth puree. Also puree the boiled sprouts.
- Mix the tomato and sprouts puree. Boil it for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning except lime juice and boil for one minute.
- Switch off and stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer to a soup bowl, garnish with pudina/coriander/sprouts and fried bread cubes. Serve hot.
Note: Non-diabetics can use butter/sugar.
More Sprouts Recipes