- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 5th May 2012
(Kairi Panna, Raw Mango Drink)
Summer has started and the heat is on your head. Can't bear. This sharbat will give you a very cooling effect and is good for health too. Why not try this. This is normally made by people of Maharashtra during Gudi Padva, the new year festival and it is a summer special during mango season. Enjoy.
Recipe For Aam Ka Panna
Serves : 4-5
Raw Mango (sour one) - 1 medium
- Black salt
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Black pepper powder (optional)
- Saffron - few strands (if u wish)
NOTE: Sugar, salt, black salt you can add as per your taste and requirement. As some people like bit sweet and sour, some people like sweet.
Wash and pressure cook the mango for 3-4 whistles.
- Remove from the cooker and peel off the skin. Squeeze the pulp and put it in a mixer/blender to make a smooth paste.
- Add black salt, salt, sugar, elaichi powder and boil it again till the sugar is melted.
- Cool the same and keep it in fridge concentrated.
- Whenever you feel like having this sharbat, take two teaspoon full of this in a glass and add water, serve chilled with ice cubes.
You can also make the sharbat and keep it in fridge. Only add ice cubes while serving.
More Raw Mango Recipes