- Submitted by Shrabana Ghosh
(Bhendi Bhaja, Bhindi Bhaja, Okra Fry, Vendakkai Fry, Lady Finger Fry)
Bhendi Bhaja is a very simple and commonly made dish popular in the eastern states of Indian, Bengal and Orissa. It is usually served with rice and dal.
Recipe For Bhendi Bhaja
- Bhindi (Okra) - 1/2 lb (250 gms)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cut the okra into small pieces.
- In a frying pan, heat the mustard oil.
- Add the okra pieces and mix with the oil.
- Add turmeric and salt and mix.
- Fry on low heat for 15 minutes. Bhendi Bhaja is ready to be served.
- Bhendi Bhaja is a tasty side dish for rice, along with dal.
More Recipes With Okra