- recipe by Padmaja Reddy submitted on 05-04-2012
Here I am presenting a variety dish, that is braccoli dalcha. This is good to prevent colon cancer and hypertension. It includes calcium and folic acid. This is good for all ages.
Dalcha is a famous Hyderabadi dish made with mutton, bottlegourd and channa dal. Here is the vegetarian version of dalcha made with broccoli.
- Broccoli - 250gms
- Besan (Chickpea flour) - 1 tsp
- Curd - 1 cup
- Onion pieces - 1/2 cup
- Green chilies - 4
- Salt - to taste
- Soybean oil - 1 tsp
- Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1/4 tsp
- Boil braccoli pieces in little water for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry curry leaves, green chilies and onion for few minutes.
- Next add the haldi. Fry for 10 seconds.
- Mix besan (chickpea flour) with 1 cup of water. Pour this besan paste in the pan. Cook for couple of minutes till the raw smell is gone.
- Reduce the flame and add the curd. Keep mixing continuously to prevent it from curdling.
- Finally add the broccoli pieces. Cook for 2 minutes and switch off.
- Just before serving add salt and mix it.
- Broccoli Dalcha is a good combination with roti verieties. You can also serve it over white rice.