- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Capsicum Potato Subzi, Bell Pepper Potato Fry, Aloo Shimla Mirch ki Sabzi)
The combination of potato and capsicum is a very simple yet one of the tastiest ones to make for your everyday meal.
Recipe For Capsicum Potato Fry
- Capsicum - 1 big
- Onion - 1 big
- Potato - 1 big
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted Crushed Peanuts - 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Chop the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the cumin seeds. When it sizzles, add the onion and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the potato and saute. Sprinkle little water, cover and cook the potato.
- Add the capsicum, the dry masala powders, crushed peanuts and salt. Cover and cook till it is soft.
- Switch off and serve hot with chapati or white rice with sambar or dal.
More Capsicum (Bell Pepper) Recipes