- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Bread Pudding is a popular dessert made in western countries using stale dry bread. Roughly cut bread pieces are soaked in a prepared custard mix made of milk, egg, sugar and butter. After the bread has absorbed most of the liquid, it is baked. The bread pieces at the bottom becomes soft and bubbly. The top pieces on the other hand has a slight crispiness to it. When you scoop out and eat, this texture variation makes it tastes delicious.
Well, thats a basic bread pudding. Today I am sharing my favourite variation called the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding. I add some apple pieces along with the bread pieces. Also I mix in some caramel syrup with the custard mixture. Caramel syrup and apples are two of my favourites. I love the texture and flavour variations that these ingredients add to the pudding. So try this recipe if you have some leftover bread.
Recipe for Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Bread Slices - 4-5
- Apple - 1 (cut into pieces)
- Caramel Syrup - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Cut the bread into pieces.
- Whisk together egg, milk, brown sugar, 3 tbsp caramel syrup, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Soak the bread pieces in this custard mix. Let this soak for about 10 minutes till most of the custard is absorbed by the bread pieces.
- Mix the apple pieces with the bread custard.
- Grease a baking dish with some butter. Pour the pudding mix in the bowl. Add the remaining butter on top.
- Drizzle some caramel syrup on top.
- Bake in a 375 degree F (200 degree C) oven for 20-30 minutes. The pudding will be set.
- Enjoy the pudding when it is still warm for the best taste. Top it with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Drizzle some additional caramel syrup on top.
- You could use any type of bread or roll for this recipe. You could also use leftover buns.
- Another popular recipe is the cake pudding that can be made in the same way.
- You could also add other ingredients like raisins, cranberries or dates in the pudding.
More Pudding Recipes