- submitted by Trupti
(Detox Drink, Ginger Lemon Mocktail)
Jump to recipe ↓
After a heavy meal or after a long trip of eating out, who wouldn't prefer a refreshing drink that would soothe your tummy. Here is one such digestive mocktail drink made with lemon, ginger and basil seeds that aids digestion and detoxifies your system.
In India, ginger has always been used as a home remedy for digestion and to cure colds. Ginger is added to tea, lemonades and homemade health drinks. Here we mix soda and make it into a non-alcoholic drink. This drink not only releives you of bloated stomach but also reduces nauseous feeling. So give this Ginger Lemon Mocktail a try, the next time you feel heavy.
Recipe for Digestive Mocktail
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: NIL
- Lemon - 1/2
- Sugar - 1.5 tsp
- Rock Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Grated Ginger - 1/4 tsp
- Sabja seeds (Basil seeds) - 2 tbsp (soaked)
- Soda - 1/4 cup
- Cool Water - 1/2 cup
- Mint Leaves - 3 or 4
- Wash and squeeze half a lemon in a glass.
- Add sugar, rock salt and grated ginger.
- Add water and mix till the sugar dissolves.
- Finally add 2 tbsp and 1/4 glass soda. Garnish with torn mint leaves.