- Submitted by Dahlia
(Kakdi Juice, Vellarikkai Juice)
Jump to recipe ↓
All of us know that it is important to keep our body hydrated all the time. According to nutritionists, for every 20 kg of body weight we need to drink a liter of water. Many a times it is not very easy to drink plain water and in those times health drink or juices are the best to consume. Among many variants of healthy juices, cucumber juice ranks the highest. It is a magic drink that can improve overall health and give that glow we have always yearned for. Cucumber juice or Velarikkai Juice is packed with nutrients like Vitamin K, Vitamin C, magnesium, phosphorous, riboflavin and much more. Drinking cucumber juice ensures our body is supplied with these vitamins and makes us feeling energetic. It is extremely low in calories which make it a great option for people who are looking out to lose weight. It also acts like a natural laxative and can be a remedy for constipation. Cucumber is 95% water and hence it cleanses the body by removing toxic and old waste materials. It works as an excellent detox drink. Get set and live the phrase literally cool as cucumber.
Recipe For Cucumber Juice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: NIL
- Cucumber - 1
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp (1/2 lemon)
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Cold water - 1 cup
- Peel the cucumber, wash it and cut it into big cubes.
- Take these cubes in a blender along with the cold water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Blend it to a smooth paste. Sieve it.
- Add some ice cubes and garnish with a lemon slice and a mint leaf. Enjoy this cool and refreshing cucumber juice on a hot summer day.
- Cucumber juice must not be exposed to air and should be consumed within minutes of extraction.
- For a chatpatta twist on cucumber juice, add some chaat masala. Yummy!!!
- Sometimes I also like to combine kiwi with cucumber to make Kiwi-Cucumber Juice. Cucumbers can also be added with musk melon or honeydew melon for another variation of this refreshing drink.
- Carrot, Tomato, Gooseberry or Beetroot can be added along with salt and pepper for a cocktail drink.
More Cucumber Recipes