- Submitted by Dahlia
(BBQ Sauce made at home, Barbeque Sauce)
Barbecue Sauce is not something that we frequently use in our Indian kitchen. I use it occasionally whenever I feel like cooking something special. I used to buy a bottle of store bought BBQ sauce before. After using the required sauce, the leftover often stays in the refrigerator. Often this gets expired before I decide to use it the next time and ends up in the trash bin.
These days I just make the required quantity of barbeque sauce at home. The main ingredients is tomato ketchup which I always have on hand. A few other basic ingredients are added to make this quick homemade barbecue sauce. This sauce can be used to make sandwiches, for pizza, baked chicken etc. Try this recipe today and share your comments.
Recipe for Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 8-10
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 cups
- Apple Cider Vineger - 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce - 2 tsp
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup (or a little lesser)
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Mustard - 2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp
- Paprika - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper (crushed) - to taste
- Onion - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
- Mix all the above ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Cook and bring to boil.
- Reduce to low heat settings and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Serving Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- This sauce can be used over fries, potato wedges, pizza, sandwiches, grilled chicken, wraps, etc.
More Sauce Recipes