- Submitted by Dahlia
(Homemade Mango and Lychee Ice Cream, Ice cream without ice cream machine)
Mango is considered the king of fruits in India. It truly deserves the status. This juicy, sweet, bright coloured fruit is indeed a summer treat. While we all enjoy eating the fruit as such, it is also great for making so many desserts. I make atleast 10-15 varieties of desserts using this fruit during season. So today is yet another mango treat.
Mango has a natural sweetness that is perfect for all sweet dishes. During summers how can we miss ice creams? So here is the recipe of my simple Mango Lychee Ice Cream. I have included Lychees because I love the combination of the two fruits. If you cannot find it, just make with mangoes. I always prefer to make ice cream with fresh mango pulp. However if you want to make this while mangoes are not in season, you can follow the exact same recipe with canned mango pulp.
Try out this delicious Mango Ice cream today and I am sure it will become your favourite flavour of all Ice creams.
Video Instructions for making Mango Lychee Ice Cream
Recipe for Mango Lychee Ice Cream
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: NIL
- Mango Puree - 2 cups
- Full Fat Cream (or Heavy Whipping Cream) - 3/4 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 3/4 cup
- Fresh Lychee pieces - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Mango Pieces - 1/2 cup
- The first step is to get the mango puree. I used the flesh of 3 mangoes and pureed it which yielded around 2 cups. You can also use canned mango pulp.
- Mix in the condensed milk with this. Taste the mix for sweetness. Usually this amount will be perfectly sweet but for some reason if you need more sweetness, add 1 or 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Second we need to prepare the whipped cream. Before starting, place a big bowl, a smaller bowl, whipping blades and the cream in the fridge. It really helps to speeden up the whipping process when all the ingredients are chilled, especially in hot places.
- Pour out the cream into the bowl. In India, you get non-dairy whipping cream as well as dairy cream with medium fat content. Do not use the low fat cream.
- Beat it using a hand mixer, stand mixer or whipping jar in your mixie until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in the cream with the mango-condensed milk mixture until well combined.
- Mix in some fresh lychee pieces and mango pieces.
- Pour into freezer safe containers and top with additional fresh fruits. Now you can freeze overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy delicious mango ice cream.
Serving Mango Ice Cream
- This delicious mango ice cream can be served with a drizzle of chocolate sauce or strawberry syrup.
- Garnish with wafer biscuit or some chopped nuts to add some crunchiness.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes